The Scottish Super Troopers receive several e-mail/telephone enquiries every day. The answers to some of our most commonly asked questions can be found below.
How much does it cost to book the Scottish Super Troopers?
There are a number of factors which must be taken into account before we are able to quote a price to perform at an event. If you wish to contact us for a quote, please include the following information:
- Your full name, telephone number and e-mail address.
- The type of event you are organising(concert, hotel party night, wedding...etc).
- The name of the venue where the event is being held (to allow us to calculate petrol expenses...etc).
Please feel free to contact us by e-mail or phone and we will be very happy to discuss your requirements and provide a quote tailored to your budget and requirements..
- The preferred date of your event (if the Scottish Super Troopers are not free on that date, we can happily suggest alternative dates which may suit).
What are the Scottish super Troopers' venue requirements?
The answer to this question depends very much on the package which you choose. If for instance you opt for the standard 5 piece show, our requirements are relatively simple:
- a good sized, level stage surface (around 15ft wide by 10ft deep).
- a minimum of six 13-amp mains sockets.
Our larger packages require a much larger stage area and a minimum of two large changing rooms (specified as above).
- a secure, lockable changing room with ample space/seats for six people (ideally the room should include a full length mirror, two tables, mains sockets and bathroom facilities).
Other general requirements which we need from all venues are as follows:
- Access:- We will need access to the performance area to set up/sound check equipment from around 4pm on the day of the performance. Unfortunately we do not accept bookings at upstairs venues, unless there are adequate and easy-access lifts due to heavy items of equipment which cannot be easily lifted.
Do you provide music for the whole event?
- Parking:- We require adequate, safe parking for 4/5 vehicles, as near as possible to the access door to the performance room.
The Scottish Super Troopers are more than happy to play background disco music before their first set, during the intermission and for a short time after their second set (while their equipment is discreetly dismantled). For a small extra fee, we can provide a separate DJ to play a mixture of disco classics and current chart hits to keep your audience on the dance floor all night. We are equally happy if a client sources a DJ themselves. However, we must ask that:
- the DJ must provide their own PA system and lighting rig as our insurance explicitly forbids anyone other than the Scottish Super Troopers to use our sound/lighting equipment.
- the DJ should be instructed not to play any Abba music (including background music) before, during or after the event.
Where can I find out about upcoming gigs for the Scottish Super Troopers?
- the DJ must not set up any of their equipment on the stage area used by the band. Also, they should ensure that they do not use any mains sockets required by the band and their crew.
At the bottom of each page of this website, there are three buttons. By clicking the 'Facebook' button, you will be redirected to our Facebook page. By adding us as a friend, you will be able to read our news feed and communicate with band members directly. Our Facebook page is frequently updated with information about upcoming gigs and details of where tickets can be purchased.